TweenTribune
From Jean Lenton, Chimacum High, Chimacum, WA
I work with students with learning disabilities in reading and writing, and usually reading and writing is the last thing they ask to do. So I am THRILLED that they are asking to use TweenTribune.
TweenTribune will help me end the year on a positive note. My students are suggesting ways to use the website. For example, "Can I read and comment on five articles and substitute that for one reading assignment?"
The kids are delighted to see that the articles change and that they can access the website from many other locations: home, library, etc.
Thanks for showing me how to suggest changes to their comments, then have them make the corrections. That is how they learn.
jean_lenton@csd49.org
From Debra Griffin, Special Education Teacher, Pillager School District, Pillager, MN
I am so appreciative for this website. My students are learning to read the news and this has sparked their interest. Being challenged readers, these stories appeal to them enough to want to read them. Thank you very much for this service.
dgriffin@pillager.k12.mn.us
From Angi Wiegert, Developmental Learning Program, Walnut Middle School, Grand Island, NE
My students are 6th, 7th and 8th graders that read and function at a 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade level.
We are using TweenTribune as a blogging platform. We've tried using our local newspaper, but it is written at such a level that makes it difficult for my students.
But TweenTribune is great for them. They love it when I read the stories. It's a great site that I have shared with my coworkers.
My students are mad when they don't have the opportunity to get on the site.
awiegert@gips.org
From Lynn A. O'Brien, Lebanon High, Lebanon, IN
This site is great! I teach special needs high schoolers, and I like the reading level of the articles.
obrienl@leb.k12.in.us
From Michaeline Klob, Special Education Teacher, McCracken Jr. High, Spartanburg, SC
I just found TweenTribune and we LOVE it - it's so easy to get my 9th grade Life Skills kids to read with such great material! They learned and had fun at the same time. Thanks a MILLION!
No comments:
Post a Comment